When at the archery range there are a few things to keep in mind. While you are more likely to be injured in an automobile accident then at the range, the range is still a shooting range. Treat it as you would a lake with thin ice. Wait until the ice is thick enough; wait until it is clear to retrieve your arrows. Ranges are safe because strict safety rules are followed.
Range etiquette is in my opinion one of the most important parts of archery. While at the range follow these guidelines.
- Be respectful of the other archers.
- Do not shoot their target without asking first.
- If you shoot it by accident apologize.
- Do not talk to an archer while they are shooting. It is distracting to them and in essence it is the same as interrupting someone who is talking.
- If the archer next to you is at full draw drawing their bow, and you have shot all of your arrows, wait until they have shoot that arrow to leave the line. The reason for doing so is that you do not accidently bump the archer while at full draw.
- When you pull your arrows keep in mind, that more people are injured by the nock of the arrow then by the point. Look behind you before you pull your arrows.
- Beware of your surroundings when you pull arrows.
Have fun at the range.
2 Responses »
Leave a Response